Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Monday, April 6, 2009

Vino


We've had the Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling a couple of times--at home and at restaurants--and it's never disappointed me. The label is boring (bah!) but the wine is good. It's my current "go to" wine when I'm unwilling to take a risk in a restaurant.

(As an aside, I rarely take risks on wine when we go out to eat because I know I'm shelling out for one glass what I could pay for almost a whole bottle at the liquor store. I'm very adventurous at the liquor store because whatever I don't like will get frozen and used the next time I need wine for a recipe. You're supposed to use wine when you cook that is good enough to drink, but I'm cheap.)

I bought a bottle of the Michelle Moscato Frizzante in preparation for my birthday and it was excellent. The Mister and I both enjoyed it immensely and now I'm contemplating buying a case to have on hand for a couple of special events coming up this summer. Actually, now I think I'm going to have to stop at the liquor store tonight on the way home...I can't wait for the next special occasion!




No comments: