Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Friday, April 10, 2009

Roadblock

On March 30th I sat down at my computer to register for my first class toward my doctoral degree. The fall schedule opened that day and I wanted to jump right in. Picked my class, went to register, found out there was a registration hold. Already?!? I haven't even started yet! Turned out I needed to submit proof that I'd had an MMR immunization before I could register.

OK. I know I was probably young when I had this shot, so the first course of action is to call my mom. Her response: "You're 35 years old, the pediatrician died 20 years ago, I have no idea where your immunization records are! Who would have guessed you'd need proof NOW?" Good point, Mom. It does feel a little strange to be asking the question.

Long story short...no one knows when I had my MMR, but it had to have been done because they were required when I started kindergarten. My insurance provider can draw blood and submit a letter that I have the immunity to those diseases, therefore I must have had the shot. The University of Wyoming will accept this as good enough. I'm already cheating on grad school!

No comments: