Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Donna Hay

SIL was in the States a couple of years ago and brought me a copy of Donna Hay's magazine--I liken Hay to a cross between Ina Garten and Martha Stewart. I loved the magazine but couldn't (easily) find it in Denver. Of course I forgot to buy the most recent issue when we were in Australia (ack!) so I've been without Donna for quite a while...until the other night at Barnes and Noble! They had one copy for $10, hard to justify for a magazine, but I'm going to think of it as an investment. The recipes are wonderful, but my favorite part is how elegant and simple the staging of the photographs is. A lot of magazines are doing layouts that are busy and it's hard for my eyes to focus in on individual elements. Hay's magazine balances nicely between the overall effect and the beautiful details.

No comments: