Sunday, November 30, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Just a few of the things I am grateful for:
- The Mister, who has been my rock during a very difficult year.
- My family.
- The roof over our heads--after years of moving it's so nice to know that I don't have to stockpile copy paper boxes! Although, I am finding it's a hard habit to kick...
Friday, November 21, 2008
Image via ssplam
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Less than four weeks until our trip! The list making madness has started. I started packing about a month ago when it was time to take the summer clothes out of the closet. The Australian dollar is tanking (sorry, Australians!) so our penguin-seeking jaunt actually got a little cheaper. More than anything I'm looking forward to quality time with the Mister, our family, and gazing at the ocean for long, thoughtless stretches of time.
Image via Suburbanbloke
Monday, November 10, 2008
- America: The Last Great Hope (volume 2) by William J. Bennett
- Another Man's Moccasins, Craig Johnson
- Unveiled, by Deborah Kanafani
- Redemption, by Lee Jackson
I'd give them all a B+. Bennett's work is always well-researched, whether you agree with his politics or not is another issue. The Johnson mystery was a strange mix of Asian, American, and Native American cultures but he made it work. Kanafani's story gave deeper insight into Mid-East politics (which I badly need), and Redemption was a scary trip into the future. It emphasized post-9/11 politics and civil liberties.