Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Summer To Do List

I am starting to make a list of activities for our summer stay-cation:

Cherry Creek Farmer's Market: This is my favorite way to spend a Saturday morning. I like to get there by 9 to get a parking place. I will finally remember to bring my camera this summer to take pictures!

City Park Jazz: We always say we're going to go, then by Sunday night we're too tired. This year we are going to make it!

Hike Hanging Lake: I have lived in Colorado for almost ten years and I still haven't done this very popular hike.

Rockies Game: I don't like baseball very much, but it's fun to go to a couple of games in the summer. I like to sit in the Rock Pile, eat a hot dog, and watch the drunk people. The sunsets at the evening games are awesome, you just have to be careful of the afternoon thunderstorms Colorado is famous for.

Film on the Rocks: Head out to Red Rocks Amphitheater and watch an old movie with hundreds of very enthusiastic participants. I've seen Braveheart with be-kilted fans and Monty Python movies surrounded by coconut-clackers.

Elway's Summer Concerts: Summer doesn't officially start for me until the first Wednesday night concert. The Cougars are out in force and the people-watching is spectacular. Last year I tried to keep track of the number of pairs of tasselled loafers and I lost count.

No comments: