Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What I'm Reading


I heard Sir Ken at a conference last year and he was so good I listened to him give the speech again on the TED website. A co-worker bought his book and loaned it to me, so I started it the other night. I'm only 30 pages into it but I'm already intrigued. Do you ever worry that the changes in technology happen so rapidly that you'll be left behind? Is the fact that my husband is a JAVA programmer and I am still not really sure what that is going to keep me from being a qualified employee in ten years? Do you worry that the education our children are receiving is completely inadequate for the kind of thinking they MUST be able to do to be able to be contributing members of society? So far this book has only made me more concerned, but I'm optimistic that Sir Ken has some good ideas about how to handle the future. One thing I do know...this book has already challenged me to be a much better teacher.

No comments: