Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Friday, February 27, 2009

Plant Heaven

I placed our orders for our fruit, vegetable, and flower seeds/plants tonight. So much fun! Names like chickadee, brandywine, jazz, and cherokee purple have been stuck in my head for weeks. I ordered dahlias, roses, tomatoes, squash, beans, and a variety of perennial flowers that are also drought-tolerant.

We haven't had much moisture this winter, so I'm hoping we get pounded during March--typically one of Colorado's snowiest months. I often joke that the state motto should be, "We need the moisture..." since every weather report ends with that phrase. I guess I'm ready for March because I know that springtime comes right after the snow.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Can't wait to see your fabulous garden this summer! I am hoping to have more success this time - for some reason my thumb was a shade of black last summer! :-(