Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Wednesday, August 1, 2007

What I've read...

During my vacation last week I spent most of my time unpacking and getting the house livable. However, I did manage to read two books.

The Pact, by Jodi Picoult, was a bittersweet tale. I've seen her books but never read any of them. Certainly not life-changing, but a good vacation read. It also offers a few interesting tidbits about the psychology of teen relationships.

I am always conflicted about reading Oprah Book Club selections. I know it's going to be good, but I also know I'm going to be depressed when I'm done. Drowning Ruth, by Christina Schwarz, was different in that I wasn't as depressed as usual. Didn't shed a single tear. Maybe I am dead inside? That being said, when I was reading it, it was hard putting it down.

I started Freakonomics right before we moved but I haven't found the box it was packed in. More on that later when it is discovered again.

No comments: