Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Thursday, August 30, 2007

It's Football Season!

Growing up in a state that really didn't have professional sports (the Blazers don't count; they'll just break your heart) moving to Colorado was a big adjustment. Bumper stickers like, "I Bleed Orange" and, "If God's Not a Bronco Fan, Why Are Sunsets Orange?" were completely foreign to me. However, with enough exposure I started to make some sense of both the game and the passion.

Now I love football season. It's still really not that much about the game, it's about the time with the Mister. The change in seasons. Pulling out my favorite sweatpants and fleece shirt. The Mister making a bowl of popcorn for halftime. Every single memory he has of every single play John Elway ever made and the light it brings to his eyes. Cuddling up on the sofa only to get jolted as he hollers at the TV. The friendly ribbing at work as each rejoices or despairs over their team's performance that week. Soup. Homemade bread. Crisp, dry mornings. Buying Halloween candy. Eating said candy. The smell of a neighbor's fireplace. Putting extra blankets on the bed.

Tonight is the last pre-season game. Let the football season begin!

No comments: