Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Back On Track!

The plumber came and fixed the sink, so we're back to being able to wash dishes. That's a huge relief. The house is 75% unpacked and I'll be working on it more on Wednesday and Thursday nights. After the unpacking comes the fun part--hanging up the pictures and setting out the knick-knacks. I have a strong nesting instinct, even after changing residences so many times over the years, and this last stage is the part that I like best. It's not just hanging up pictures that have sentimental value and finding the perfect spot for my grandma's glass candy dish, it's making a home. A home that we don't have to pack up again for many, many, many years! We can finally get rid of our cardboard boxes.

No comments: