Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Resolved

I've decided not to put the pressure on myself this year to read 52 books.  The original intent was to force myself to re-think how I spent my time and wean myself off a TV habit that had slowly developed.  It feels like that has happened, and there are other areas of my life that I want to focus on:  trying new exercise classes, journaling, taking pictures, getting into grad school, and spending time in the yard.  Reading can (and will) be done in addition to all of these things, but I don't want to feel pressure.  If I get into grad school I'm guessing reading for pleasure will have to be set aside, anyway.

My new challenge:  post more pictures that I take, rather than relying on Flickr to illustrate my posts.  

This photo is from our trip--a water lily at the Botanic Gardens in Sydney.

1 comment:

sulu-design said...

I think that's a great resolution - one that you can stick to and one that won't make you miserable. Looking forward to seeing your shots!