Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Friday, May 30, 2008

Kansas City

Kansas City was delightful. Our hosts were warm and welcoming and had a weekend of relaxation planned, which was perfect. I had no idea the Mister and I were so run down until we both slept 10 hours, two nights in a row, which is unheard of. We wandered around the Plaza, sampled cheese, ate BBQ, and had a great time together.
Our hostess is an accomplished gardener, and also very generous. She gave me two books on gardening which I have already devoured. I'm not sure which is better--gardening, or reading about gardening? She also gave us divisions from her heirloom peony bushes so we drove back to Denver with a back seat full of peonies! I'm praying that they thrive in our backyard because they are gorgeous.

No comments: