Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Monday, May 5, 2008

Help Me

I first heard about Enrique's Journey a couple of years ago on NPR when they interviewed the author. It sounded like an amazing book, so I made a mental note to remember it the next time I was at the library/bookstore, then promptly forgot all about it. My brilliance, sometimes, astonishes me.

Fortunately I have a new cube-mate who loves to read as much as I do and we spend more "work time" talking about books than we probably should. She started talking about how much she loved the book and offered to loan it to me. I started the book last night, got about 40 pages into it, and in the process used at least 3 tissues for all of the crying. Still, I will persevere, because I'm completely engrossed in the story and the amazing lengths the author went to in her research for this book.

1 comment:

sulu-design said...

Ooooh - I want to hear more. This sounds like a winner to me. Three tissues already?!?