Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Friday, April 11, 2008

Hot Water

Our hot water heater went on the fritz on Sunday and we've been trying to get it fixed all week. Showering at 24 Hour Fitness every morning has not been my favorite, but it does make me grateful for all of the appliances that are working! Never have I felt such fondness for a furnace or a dishwasher...

Nothing like a little home repair drama to increase your stress level. To counter that, I've been reading quite a bit. Finished Sue Grafton's T is for Trespass on Tuesday with a sigh of contentment. Grafton's books never fail to entertain me. For a while in college I took up jogging because the main character runs three miles a day! Unfortunately, that phase did not last long.

Now I'm working on The Year of Living Biblically, which has been on my "To Read" list since it came out. I loved The Know-It-All so much I paid to have it shipped to my cousin in Malawi so she could read it! The new book is excellent and more thoughtful than I was expecting.

This week at the library I hit pay dirt. Sometimes I go in and feel noncommittal about what I end up checking out. This week it seemed like every book I saw was going to be interesting and exciting. My book bag was groaning with the strain of getting all of my finds back to the house.

No comments: