Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Friday, April 4, 2008

Angst


The next time I'm in Seattle, I'm going to the Salon of Shame. From the website:


"The idea is simple: Seattleites stand before you and read their middle school diary passages, high school poetry, unsent letters, and other bits of horribly shameful, and inadvertently hilarious adolescent writing. Founded in 2005, the Salon is cathartic for readers and hilarious for listeners. Everybody wins when it comes to embarrassment!"


I get anxiety when I even think about my journals from junior high, so I've got to stand up and applaud for people who can get up and read from them.
(Image via paperbackwriter)

1 comment:

sulu-design said...

This sounds fabulous - part funny, part embarrassing, part nostalgic... I love the idea of it. I recall a friend of mine reading parts of her diary to me when we were in high school. We both were and big lovers of food, and I was amused to hear that every day, a huge portion of her diary entry would be dedicated to the things she ate that day! I'd be intrigued to hear the entries of others.