Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Thursday, June 21, 2007

RIP

My folks have a small assortment of animals on their property just outside of Cheyenne, Wyoming. About a month ago they had to put the dog down as she was very old and starting to suffer. Last weekend they had to put one of the goats down as he was sick and not going to recover. Anyone who knows me at all knows that I love dogs and goats, so it's been a rough month. My tribute to Little the Goat*:
Fortunately, Mom and Dad still have Big* (the other goat) and the llama, Molly Mocha.

I'm still trying to figure out how to steal one of those cute baby goats from the petting zoo at the Stock Show in January. I'm willing to create the distraction, I just need someone to put the goat under their shirt and run. The Mister wants nothing to do with this plan, and that makes me sad. He has no sense of adventure.

* I take no responsibility for these names. My sister named them and she's lost all naming rights for eternity as a result. The llama came with her name, so there was no arguing about that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am an excellent namer and have been unjustly accused! Plus, I killed Big not Little. Little is still in the pasture with Molly.