Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I live with an internal processor

And I’m OK with that. It’s taken some getting used to, but I also think it’s made me a better person. I listen more intently, for one thing. He doesn’t process everything out loud (like I do) so when he does say something it’s already thought-out and ready. Because he doesn’t talk very much (unlike me), when he does say something people are more likely to listen. Early on in our dating relationship I realized that if the Mister says something more than once, it’s really important to him. He’s subtle like that, so I have to pay attention to know what’s going on inside his head.

Me? If something’s really important to me I’ll say it more than ten times. With jumping up and down. And many exclamation points!!!!!! Just so people know it’s important.

You can see where it might cause some confusion.

No comments: