Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Thursday, May 24, 2007

We shan't speak of it

Things I’m not supposed to do anymore because there was “an incident”:*

  • Deep fry anything.
  • Roller blade.
  • Wear blue eye shadow.
  • Arm wrestle with my sisters.
  • Feed the dog peanut butter.
  • Confront a drunken man who is urinating in the bushes outside of our apartment. Yelling, “It’s too small to be offensive!” when he gets agitated.
  • Return to the Hult Center in Eugene. Who knew that it was possible to fall up the stairs and have your skirt flip over your head? In a very crowded atrium? During the intermission when it’s packed full of people? The scars are still very deep, and I can’t ever listen to the soundtrack of “The Music Man”. I didn’t like that musical very much, anyway.
  • Open any database that the Mister has spent any time building. Ever. Apparently I’m not very good at building databases but I’m incredibly gifted at deleting them.
  • Confront the man who is sipping on his beer as he drives by our table at the Dairy Queen and yelling, “Thanks for drinking and driving!” into his open window. **
  • Drinking more than two margaritas at the Rio in Steamboat Springs. I’m a giggler. Hee, hee, hee!
  • Singing in the shower before 7 AM. I hear that it's hurtful.

* Mostly it’s my mother who has banned me from these activities. However, the Mister, my sisters, and several of my friends have also weighed in on this list. Everyone’s got an opinion these days!

** Apparently I do a lot of confronting. Who knew?!? I like to think I’m pretty mild-mannered, but certain behaviors do get me riled up.

No comments: