Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Friday, August 8, 2008

Sewing And Other Nonsense

Finished a skirt from this book two weekends ago. It turned out pretty cute, which made me sad. I didn't expect to do so well so I bought cheap cotton fabric to make it! Now that I (sort-of) know that I'm doing I'll spend a little more money next time on the fabric.

This has been a busy week. I spent two days in Vail for a conference for work--tough life, I know! For whatever reason it was really hard to get back into my routine when I got home on Wednesday night.

The weekend holds a lot of promise: my peach mule is delivering 18 more pounds tomorrow. Huzzah! We're also going to Colorado Springs to visit the Mister's cousin and see a movie.

Happy Friday, all!

No comments: