Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Thursday, June 5, 2008

Delicacy

My heritage is mostly Scandinavian, specifically Danish. During a conversation at work yesterday I made a joke about lutefisk that nobody got because they'd never heard of such a delicacy (gah!). As an educator I felt it was my responsibility to send the Wikipedia entry to fill in that obvious gap in their knowledge. My favorite part is the section on cooking:

"When cooking and eating lutefisk, it is important to clean the lutefisk and its residue off of pans, plates, and utensils immediately. Lutefisk left overnight becomes nearly impossible to remove. Sterling silver should never be used in the cooking, serving or eating of lutefisk, which will permanently ruin silver. Stainless steel utensils are recommended instead."


Photo source

No comments: