Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Monday, November 26, 2007

My Journal, My Mind

I've been keeping a journal since I was 14. Once a notebook is filled it goes in a plastic bin in the closet under the stairs, never to be seen again. I keep writing in it because it helps me deal with stress and process my life, not because I have any deep thoughts or plans for world peace. Filled notebooks are never touched again--the thought of reliving all of that angst makes me antsy and a little bit queasy.

Recently I haven't been satisfied with my journaling. It was starting to feel like a whine-fest every time I sat down to write. Two articles have sparked some inspiration:

An Introduction to Journal Writing

Brian Learns to Read

For years I've been using some form of spiral-bound notebook, but my new plan/paradigm for journaling requires a change of vehicle, so I have jumped on the Moleskine wagon.

No comments: