Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Higher Education Nerdery

I'm taking a leadership class right now. I am generally opposed to leadership classes because a) they rarely present new or challenging information, b) everybody and their mother has written a leadership book, and c) quite often the people presenting on leadership completely lack leadership skills themselves. I am cynical.


However, if you are in higher education and you are interested in leadership, Steven Sample's Contrarian's Guide to Leadership is worth the investment of time. He can back up his statements with real-world experience and actually has some different perspectives. He dislikes lawyers with a passion rarely seen outside of the opinion page of the newspaper, which I find amusing.

No comments: