Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Friday, October 24, 2008

Side Trip to Tassie

We're taking a 3 1/2 day trip to Tasmania. I have a co-worker who just moved back to the States after 3 years there, so she's given me lots of recommendations. It looks like we're going to be spending most of our time in Hobart and Port Arthur. Port Arthur was one of the penal colonies, now a museum. Our day at the museum includes a 20-minute harbor cruise and a ghost tour!

One of the big draws in Hobart is the Salamanaca Market. This website has several pictures. There's also the Sydney to Hobart yacht race--our plan is to watch them depart, then fly to Hobart and maybe catch their arrival.

Less than two months to go! Mentally, I've already checked out. In a rare moment of self-preservation I ordered my swimsuits and am now awaiting their arrival.

Photo by Nathanael B

No comments: