…but I'm doing it anyway. I'm not good at limiting myself to "one" of anything, least of all Girl Scout cookies or spools of ribbon, and that's also true of books.
1. One book that changed your life: The Ragamuffin Gospel shook up my spiritual life. Seven Habits of Highly Effective People helped me to think differently about how I spend my time.
2. One book you've read more than once: All the Laura Ingalls Wilder books.
3. One book you'd want on a desert island: Moby Dick. Probably the only way I'll ever read that book.
4. Two books that made you laugh: Anything by Bill Bryson, Anne Lamott, or Tony Bourdain.
5. One book that made you cry: Where the Red Fern Grows, Bridge to Terabithia, The Lovely Bones
6. One book you wish had been written: I'm sure it's been written, I just need to find it.
7. One book you wish had never been written: The Rules. Ugh.
8. One book you're currently reading: Plan B, by Anne Lamott
9. One book you've been meaning to read: This one was just recommended to me—Three Cups of Tea, by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin.