Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Structure

I looked at the calendar the other day and realized we will be out of town for four of the next five weekends. How did that happen? What crazy fool set up that schedule? After taking a good hard look at what I've read so far and what I can reasonably accomplish before December 31st, I need to reevaluate. My goals:

1. Read for pleasure, first and foremost. Quit evaluating books by how thick they are and how long it would take to finish them. This challenge was never to quash my love of reading, just to make me more thoughtful about how I spent my time.

2. Reserve the Marthas (and other magazines) for times when I only have a few minutes to read. Stop reading them in large blocks of time. They'll last longer that way and I won't feel strangely guilty about them.

3. Check out new books from the library. Quit looking at the current stack and feel obligated to read them because they're there. Same for free books from friends.

4. Read. Quit thinking, talking, writing, feeling guilty, and avoiding it, and just READ!

No comments: