Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Wednesday, September 5, 2007

What To Do In Denver

I'm hoping to have an out-of-state visitor come to stay with us at the Casa this spring. She's only been to Denver once. Some places I will probably take her:
  • Tattered Cover in LoDo - the best bookstore in Denver, and also very accessible by Light Rail. I was heartbroken when the Cherry Creek store closed because it played an important role during the courtship with the Mister. However, the store in LoDo has lots of charm and we have worked through our grief and come to terms with this change. Could also visit the new store on Colfax.
  • Cherry Creek Farmer's Market - the best one in Denver, in my opinion. Lots of fresh produce, excellent people-watching. Also, the dog-watching is outstanding.
  • Wash Park - Walking here is also prime for people-watching and dog watching. The surrounding homes are gorgeous. We were going to have our wedding reception here but they wouldn't rent the boat house over a holiday weekend. Bummer.
  • Red Rocks Amphitheater - good enough for Dave Matthews? Good enough for me. Good hiking, too.
  • The Highlands - lots of good shopping. And eating: Mead St. Station, Highlands Garden Cafe, Stella's.
  • Denver Zoo - love me some penguins!
I know there's more...I'll save that for another day.

No comments: