Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Sunday, January 30, 2011

Life Without Cable

The Mister and I have been talking about getting rid of cable for a long time, but finally bit the bullet last week and ended our unhealthy relationship with the boob tube. I knew I was watching too much TV, that it was just too easy to "relax" by going downstairs and watching, but I had no idea how much time I would get back in my day by making this one phone call. It's invigorating. We've been eating dinner at the table, listening to music, and just talking more. What's interesting to me is that we've long felt like we haven't had free time, that our evenings were just too busy, but once we gave up TV we are realizing that all of our free time was being sucked up in episodes of Law and Order. It was such a gradual relinquishment of our time that we had no idea it was happening until we made a clean break.

I might actually get back to sewing.

No comments: