Mostly I just putter.

Doctoral student, amateur cook, beginning sewer.

Mostly I just putter.





Thursday, August 23, 2007

Lottery Game

I've been playing the Lottery Game in my head a lot this morning, as in, "If I won the lottery, what would I do?" Today's edition is a list of places I would go. Here's my itinerary:
  • Take a road trip from Denver to Newport, Oregon. I love a good road trip! Take the northern route through Montana, Idaho, and Washington so I can show the Mister the wonders of Glacier National Park, Couer d'Alene, Idaho, and Seattle.
  • Spend a week in a cabin on the beach in Newport. Think about nothing. Eat clam chowder at Mo's.
  • Drive to Portland and fly to Hawaii for at least a week. We've been to Honolulu and the Big Island, so I think I'd like to visit Maui on this trip.
  • Fly to Sydney to visit sister-in-law. Take side trips to Great Barrier Reef, New Zealand, and Fiji.
  • Return to Hawaii to rest for a few days before heading back to Denver. Re-pack suitcase and fly to New York. I've only been to New York once (for 22 hours) for a job interview and it was one of the worst experiences of my professional career. Would like a do-over, please.
  • Fly New York to London just in time for the Wimbledon tournament. Eat strawberries and cream and listen to the Mister explain the wonder that is tennis. The Mister and I have been to London during the winter. Now I'd like to see it in the summer and visit all of the beautiful gardens. We didn't do the Jack the Ripper tour, either, so that would definitely part of our stop there.
  • Take the train to Paris. Had a great nap on that train when we went the first time, so I'd like to see if I can recreate the experience.
  • Spend a month in France. Re-visit the Normandy invasion beaches (this time when the museums are open!), explore Paris, buy great handbags.
  • Possible side trip: Spain and Portugal.
  • Next stop: Germany/Denmark. The Mister and I have German and Danish roots, so we would like to go check on our people there.
  • We've not been to Italy yet, either, so we'll definitely need a month or two.
  • Greece. All of it.
  • Home. Where our new lottery-possible housekeeper will greet us with the words, "Just leave your suitcase there. I'll unpack and do the laundry while you take a nap. The coffee will be ready when you wake up!"

No comments: